MCSI Certifications are world-class. The content is cutting-edge, uniquely-designed, hands-on and challenging. Our exercises teach in-demand skills that are immediately applicable in the field. MCSI's unique approach helps students around the world advance their careers.
This Certification has no expiry date. It has no renewal fees, no hidden fees, and is accessible with no time limits.
MCSI - System Administration Fundamentals:
- Deploy and manage virtual machines
- Create network architecture diagrams
- Harden Windows workstations and servers
- Manage Windows networks using Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Manage local and network firewalls
- Install backup software and recover from incidents
- Administer and protect Unix machines
- Virtualisation Fundamentals - 9 exercises
- Networking Fundamentals - 4 exercises
- Windows System Security and Administration - Part 1 - 7 exercises
- Windows System Security and Administration - Part 2 - 9 exercises
- Windows System Security and Administration - Part 3 - 8 exercises
- Firewall Fundamentals - 7 exercises
- System Security and Administration: Linux - 5 exercises
- Backups and Recovery and Restoration 101 - 10 exercises
- Introduction to Troubleshooting - 2 exercises
- Linux Server 101 - General - 9 exercises
- Linux Server 101 - Networking - 5 exercises
- Linux Server 101 - Hardening - 8 exercises
- Windows Server 101 - 12 exercises
- Introduction to Exchange Server Administration - 10 exercises
Below are three (3) exercises from the 100+ exercises available in MSAF - System Administration Fundamentals:
Create A Firewall Rule To Allow And Deny Traffic To Specific Ports (Novice)
Share A Directory Over A Network Using NFS And Use The Local Firewall To Only Allow Whitelisted IP Addresses To Access IT (Novice)
Simulate A Real-World Server Migration By Converting A VMware Virtual Machine To An AWS EC2 Instance Using The Server Migration Service (Advanced Beginner)
Enrolment and Fees
US$450 (+ GST if you're based in Australia).
Practical exercises must be completed online using MCSI's Online Learning Platform.
How to enrol
Login/Register for MCSI's Online Learning Platform
Select `Shop` from the left-side menu
Find the MSAF - System Administration Fundamentals, select `Buy` and proceed through the checkout process. You can purchase using a Credit Card or PayPal
Once you have enrolled in the MSAF - System Administration Fundamentals, the curriculum unlocks immediately
In the left-side menu of the platform, select `Training & Education` then `MCSI Curriculums`, and you will see the MSAF - System Administration Fundamentals listed
Terms and Conditions
- No discounts
- No refunds
- No transfers
- No renewal fees
- No hidden fees
- No time limits
Proficiency in the English language
Ability to comfortably read and understand IT documentation written in English. Ideally, an IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6 (or equivalent).
Note: You can register for this course without having undertaken an English test.
No formal professional experience in IT required.
Some basic skills that we recommend you obtain prior to attempting this course:
- Ability to install and uninstall software
- Ability to use search engines to research IT documentation