MCSI Certifications are world-class. The content is cutting-edge, uniquely-designed, hands-on and challenging. Our exercises teach in-demand skills that are immediately applicable in the field. MCSI's unique approach helps students around the world advance their careers.
This Certification has no expiry date. It has no renewal fees, no hidden fees, and is accessible with no time limits.
MCSI Certified Penetration Tester:
- Understand the vulnerability research and exploitation process in full
- Develop custom penetration testing tools
- Master the major penetration testing tools and use them when it’s appropriate
- Perform code reviews and dynamic fuzzing
- Write penetration testing proposals and reports that delight customers
- Lab setup - 4 exercises
- Information Gathering - 4 exercises
- NMAP - 16 exercises
- Metasploit - 13 exercises
- Mimikatz - 5 exercises
- Vulnerability Scanning - 4 exercises
- Complementary Tools - 5 exercises
- Custom Malware Development - 4 exercises
- Web Application Penetration Testing - 26 exercises
- Memory Corruption Vulnerabilities - 4 exercises
- Documentation and Procedures - 5 exercises
- Capability Development - 6 exercises
- Patch Analysis - 3 exercises
- Secure Code Reviews - 4 exercises
- Penetration Testing Challenges - 4 exercises
- Operation Mission Impossible - 9 exercises
Below are three (3) exercises from the 100+ exercises available in MPT - Certified Penetration Tester:
Write An Application Vulnerable To Cross-Site Scripting (Novice)
Use John The Ripper To Crack MySQL, MSSQL, And Postgres Credentials (Advanced Beginner)
Write A Burp Suite Extension (Competent)
Enrolment and Fees
US$450 (+ GST if you're based in Australia).
Practical exercises must be completed online using MCSI's Online Learning Platform.
How to enrol
Login/Register for MCSI's Online Learning Platform
Select `Shop` from the left-side menu
Find the MPT - Certified Penetration Tester, select `Buy` and proceed through the checkout process. You can purchase using a Credit Card or PayPal
Once you have enrolled in the MPT - Certified Penetration Tester, the curriculum unlocks immediately
In the left-side menu of the platform, select `Training & Education` then `MCSI Curriculums`, and you will see the MPT - Certified Penetration Tester listed
Terms and Conditions
- No discounts
- No refunds
- No transfers
- No renewal fees
- No hidden fees
- No time limits
Proficiency in the English language
Ability to comfortably read and understand IT documentation written in English. Ideally, an IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6 (or equivalent).
Note: You can register for this course without having undertaken an English test.
We recommend that you have some experience in software programming prior to registering for this course.
The preferred programming languages for this course include: Python, PHP, SQL, and some basic C.
Knowledge of basic C and Assembly will also prove helpful for the reverse engineering exercises.
Here's a list of things for you to confirm whether you're at the right level:
- Write basic web applications in PHP or something equivalent
- Have used and configured a database such as MySQL
- Have written authentication pages and code to manage user sessions
- Be comfortable with command line utilities and tools
- Be capable of installing Windows and Linux virtual machines in something like VirtualBox
- Have some experience troubleshooting and resolving software errors